Forest Bathing Sisterhood Retreat
✨It has become an annual thing over these past many years…because our retreat into the forest is purely MAGIC.✨
Four sacred days + three soulful nights…
August 15th-18th, 2024
Yoga + Private Chef + Massage + Hypnotherapy + Reiki + Nature
We’d be so happy to have you join us for this SACRED SOUL FOOD!
at the one-and-only Liminalia!
We are so excited to join our passions together ONCE AGAIN as we retreat with you into the trees…
What is Forest Bathing?
Developed in Japan about four decades ago, it is a cornerstone of preventive health care + healing in Japanese medicine. While we know and simply can FEEL the positive effects, researchers have established a robust body of scientific literature on the health benefits of spending time under the canopy of a living forest. Now their research is helping to establish forest therapy throughout the world.
We LOVE that it is SO simple, yet so powerful: a person visits nature, spends time in the forest, walks in a relaxed way — maybe even practices a little yoga under the canopy — and receives tremendously calming, rejuvenating and restorative benefits.
We’ve always known this intuitively. And now, over the past several decades scientific studies demonstrate the mechanisms behind the healing effects of simply being in wild and natural areas.
So let’s get out there and bathe in the forest!
Charming & Rustic Shared Cabin Lodging or CAMP for Four Days, Three Nights
– What to expect for CABIN SLEEPING
If you wish to share a room with a friend or friends, please indicate at sign-up or message Jill K directly firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate, but as we must maximize space, we cannot guarantee!
– What to expect for CAMPING
There is a really sweet, flat area just behind the barn that is perfect for pitching a tent! It is shaded and lovely. Please bring your tent and other gear that supports your comfort in nature!
– What to expect for BATHROOMS + SHOWERS
Healthy, Delicious, Vegetarian Gourmet Meals (5 total meals + snacks)
– Thursday Arrival Snacks
– Thursday Evening Dinner
– Friday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner + Snacks
– Saturday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner + Snacks
– Sunday Brunch
– If you wish to drink wine, please bring a bottle or two to share!
Six Beautifully Intentioned Yoga Classes with Jill Knouse
– Welcome Class, Thursday Evening
– Friday Morning and Evening
– Saturday Morning and Evening
– Sunday Morning before Brunch
– Schedule on-site massage w/ Krista Radetich *
– Schedule on-site hypnotherapy w/ Alicia Joy Healing *
– Schedule on-site reiki w/ Tracey Coleman *
* not included in price of retreat
Plenty of Time to Explore + Relax
– Beautiful grounds in the foothills of the coastal range
– Time surrounded by the farm’s lovely animals: horses, goats, donkeys, dogs, not to mention the wild ones
– Enjoy evenings around the fire pit on the river’s edge…sing-song and s’mores anyone?
– Plunge into the crisp swimming hole – fancy a skinny dip? :)
– Trails for forest adventures, hike to waterfall, and other meanderings
– Creation stations for nestling into the trees and unleashing your creative side…make essential oil blends, draw, color, paint!
– Make a wish on the wish tree
– Journal prompts for contemplation
What’s Not Included:
Transportation to Vernonia — One Hour Drive from Portland, Oregon
Alcoholic Beverages – We’ll have a bottle or two to share…feel free to bring your favorite vino to share!
Massage, Reiki & Hypnotherapy Sessions
This one sells out rather quickly. It’s so special.
Come enjoy all the magic of this land.
Jump on the interest list:
Darling, Rustic Shared Cabin Lodging
Tent Camping will be Available
Our inspiring team of nourishers and healers…
Chef Extraordinaire with a Heart of GOLD
Tracey Coleman, Reiki and True Intuitive Fairy
Alicia Joy Healing
Hypnotherapy and Queen Empath
Body Healer, Body Melter 🔥
+ Epic Massage to bring out the Goddess in You 😅
I travel with my friends, who happen to be a lovely pack of healers ready to love on you and fill you to the brim with their brand of goodness! Whether it be through mindful + challenging yoga, the food you’re nourished with, a cold plunge in the creek, followed by a warming sauna, a massage, reiki or hypnotherapy, the healing power of nature…we got you.
We know the truth by the way it feels…
Still, here’s a bit more science behind Forest Bathing…
Did you know that many trees give off organic compounds that support our “NK” (natural killer) cells that are part of our immune system’s way of fighting off disease?
The scientifically-proven benefits of Forest Bathing (known as Shinrin-yoku) include:
- Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body’s NK cells.
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
- Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
- Increased energy level
- Improved sleep
Just as impressive are the results that we are experiencing as we make this part of our regular practice:
- Deeper and clearer intuition
- Increased flow of energy
- Increased capacity to communicate with the land and its species
- Increased flow of eros/life force/prana
- Deepening of friendships
- Overall increase in sense of happiness
Refunds – less deposit – are available 90 days prior to the retreat. We cannot provide for cancellations WITHIN 90 days of retreat. We wish we could compensate people for unforeseen circumstances (injury & health issues, family emergencies, inclement weather, etc.) but we have costs already incurred + contracts to honor when reserving retreat centers and hotels.
Thank you for your understanding.
We would be thrilled to have you join this adventure!