Forest Bathing Retreat
Three sacred days + two soulful nights…
August 26th – 28th
Yoga + Private Chef + Acupuncture + Massage + Live Music + Nature
We’d be so happy to have you join us for this SACRED SOUL FOOD!
(Formerly known as The Yoga Farm)
We are so excited to join our passions together ONCE AGAIN as we retreat with you into the trees…
What is Forest Bathing?
Developed in Japan about four decades ago, it is a cornerstone of preventive health care + healing in Japanese medicine. While we know and simply can FEEL the positive effects, researchers have established a robust body of scientific literature on the health benefits of spending time under the canopy of a living forest. Now their research is helping to establish forest therapy throughout the world.
We LOVE that it is SO simple, yet so powerful: a person visits nature, spends time in the forest, walks in a relaxed way — maybe even practices a little yoga under the canopy — and receives tremendously calming, rejuvenating and restorative benefits.
We’ve always known this intuitively. And now, over the past several decades scientific studies demonstrate the mechanisms behind the healing effects of simply being in wild and natural areas.
So let’s get out there and bathe in the forest!
Charming & Rustic Shared Cabin Lodging or CAMP for Three Days, Two Nights
– What to expect for CABIN SLEEPING
If you wish to share a room with a friend or friends, please indicate at sign-up or message Jill K directly [email protected] We will do our best to accommodate, but as we must maximize space, we cannot guarantee!
– What to expect for CAMPING
There is a really sweet, flat area just behind the barn that is perfect for pitching a tent! It is shaded and lovely. If you would like to camp there are just 4 spots availabe! Please bring your tent and other gear that supports your comfort in nature!
– What to expect for BATHROOMS + SHOWERS
Healthy, Delicious, Vegetarian Gourmet Meals prepared by the amazing, Karen Pride (5 total meals + snacks)
– Friday Arrival Snacks
– Friday Evening Dinner
– Saturday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner + Snacks
– Sunday Brunch
– If you wish to drink wine, please bring a bottle or two to share!
Four Beautifully Intentioned Yoga Classes with Jill Knouse
– Welcome Class, Friday Evening
– Saturday Morning and Evening
– Sunday Morning before Brunch
– On-site complimentary acupuncture with Devin Manning
– Massage therapist on-site (additional charge)
– Live music with Emily Dalsfoist
Plenty of Time to Explore + Relax
– Beautiful grounds in the foothills of the coastal range
– Time surrounded by the farm’s lovely animals: horses, goats, donkeys, dogs, not to mention the wild ones
– Enjoy evenings around the fire pit on the river’s edge…sing-song and s’mores anyone?
– Plunge into the crisp swimming hole
– Trails for forest adventures, hike to waterfall, and other meanderings
– Creation stations for nestling into the trees and unleashing your creative side
– Journal prompts for contemplation
What’s Not Included:
Transportation to Vernonia — One Hour Drive from Portland, Oregon
Alcoholic Beverages – We’ll have a bottle or two to share…feel free to bring your favorite vino to share!
Massage Appointments with the GREATEST, Emilie Franz!
Registration is now OPEN!
Indications of interest were HIGH. There are limited spots available. Don’t wait!
Reserve your spot now – this one will definitely fill up quickly!
Come enjoy all the magic of this place.
Just a few spots remaining as of June 20th!
$808 for Darling, Rustic Shared Cabin Lodging
Meet Our Amazing Team
We travel as a pack of HEALERS ready to love on you and fill you to the brim with goodness! Whether it be through the mindful + challenging yoga, the food we’ll put on the tables, the healing power of nature, the self-care you indulge yourself with via acupuncture…
We GOT you!
Karen Pride is our incredible chef, here to delight your tastebuds and nourish you- body and soul.
Devin Manning will offer complimentary acupuncture treatments among her other magical healing gifts.
Jill Knouse will share her love of flowing yoga, dynamic music, and mindful, caring touch!
Emilie Franz will join the weekend offering massage to those who wish to sign up!
Emily Dalsfoist is bringing her beautiful voice, her cello and her guitar. Yep. A perfect team for a perfect weekend.
Ambition, passion, creativity, a never ending curiosity, and the belief that we are all connected fuel me to live each day to the best of my ability. Life is such a wild adventure and I am constantly in awe that we get to be here, alive, exploring this beautiful existence.
My curiosity has taken me in many directions and I continue to live life in a multi-faceted way. Over the years I have been a cook, pastry chef, photographer, restauranteur, yoga studio owner, ceramicist, and a consistent traveler. Currently, my love of art and creation has led me to spend my time creating ceramics and making photographs while living big along the way. From childhood, I dreamed of creating this life; one that is full of experiences and gives more than it takes, all while paying the bills by doing what I love.
We know the truth by the way it feels…
Still, here’s a bit more science behind Forest Bathing…
Did you know that many trees give off organic compounds that support our “NK” (natural killer) cells that are part of our immune system’s way of fighting off disease?
The scientifically-proven benefits of Forest Bathing (known as Shinrin-yoku) include:
- Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body’s NK cells.
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
- Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
- Increased energy level
- Improved sleep
Just as impressive are the results that we are experiencing as we make this part of our regular practice:
- Deeper and clearer intuition
- Increased flow of energy
- Increased capacity to communicate with the land and its species
- Increased flow of eros/life force/prana
- Deepening of friendships
- Overall increase in sense of happiness