Forest Bathing Retreat
Three sacred days + two soulful nights…
August 25th – 27th, 2023
Yoga + Private Chef + Acupuncture + Massage + Live Music + Nature
We’d be so happy to have you join us for this SACRED SOUL FOOD!
(Formerly known as The Yoga Farm)
We are so excited to join our passions together ONCE AGAIN as we retreat with you into the trees…
What is Forest Bathing?
Developed in Japan about four decades ago, it is a cornerstone of preventive health care + healing in Japanese medicine. While we know and simply can FEEL the positive effects, researchers have established a robust body of scientific literature on the health benefits of spending time under the canopy of a living forest. Now their research is helping to establish forest therapy throughout the world.
We LOVE that it is SO simple, yet so powerful: a person visits nature, spends time in the forest, walks in a relaxed way — maybe even practices a little yoga under the canopy — and receives tremendously calming, rejuvenating and restorative benefits.
We’ve always known this intuitively. And now, over the past several decades scientific studies demonstrate the mechanisms behind the healing effects of simply being in wild and natural areas.
So let’s get out there and bathe in the forest!
Charming & Rustic Shared Cabin Lodging or CAMP for Three Days, Two Nights
– What to expect for CABIN SLEEPING
If you wish to share a room with a friend or friends, please indicate at sign-up or message Jill K directly email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate, but as we must maximize space, we cannot guarantee!
– What to expect for CAMPING
There is a really sweet, flat area just behind the barn that is perfect for pitching a tent! It is shaded and lovely. Please bring your tent and other gear that supports your comfort in nature!
– What to expect for BATHROOMS + SHOWERS
Healthy, Delicious, Vegetarian Gourmet Meals (5 total meals + snacks)
– Friday Arrival Snacks
– Friday Evening Dinner
– Saturday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner + Snacks
– Sunday Brunch
– If you wish to drink wine, please bring a bottle or two to share!
Four Beautifully Intentioned Yoga Classes with Jill Knouse
– Welcome Class, Friday Evening
– Saturday Morning and Evening
– Sunday Morning before Brunch
– Schedule on-site acupuncture w/ Devin Manning
– Schedule on-site massage w/ Emilie Franz
– Live music
Plenty of Time to Explore + Relax
– Beautiful grounds in the foothills of the coastal range
– Time surrounded by the farm’s lovely animals: horses, goats, donkeys, dogs, not to mention the wild ones
– Enjoy evenings around the fire pit on the river’s edge…sing-song and s’mores anyone?
– Plunge into the crisp swimming hole
– Trails for forest adventures, hike to waterfall, and other meanderings
– Creation stations for nestling into the trees and unleashing your creative side
– Journal prompts for contemplation
What’s Not Included:
Transportation to Vernonia — One Hour Drive from Portland, Oregon
Alcoholic Beverages – We’ll have a bottle or two to share…feel free to bring your favorite vino to share!
Massage & Acupuncture Treatments!
Registration is now OPEN!
Secure your cabin or camping spot today!
This one always sells out. It’s so special.
Come enjoy all the magic of this place.
$808 for Darling, Rustic Shared Cabin Lodging
$699 for Tent Camping
Under the Trees + Stars — flat, shady, gorgeous
Our amazing team…
Devin Manning, Acupuncture
Emilie Franz, Massage
Paige Common, Our Private Chef
I travel with a pack of healers ready to love on you and fill you to the brim with goodness! Whether it be through mindful + challenging yoga, the food you’re nourished with, a cold plunge in the creek, followed by a warming sauna, a massage and/or acupuncture, the healing power of nature…we got you.
Trust the faces below who soaked up Part One and Part Deux!
We know the truth by the way it feels…
Still, here’s a bit more science behind Forest Bathing…
Did you know that many trees give off organic compounds that support our “NK” (natural killer) cells that are part of our immune system’s way of fighting off disease?
The scientifically-proven benefits of Forest Bathing (known as Shinrin-yoku) include:
- Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body’s NK cells.
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
- Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
- Increased energy level
- Improved sleep
Just as impressive are the results that we are experiencing as we make this part of our regular practice:
- Deeper and clearer intuition
- Increased flow of energy
- Increased capacity to communicate with the land and its species
- Increased flow of eros/life force/prana
- Deepening of friendships
- Overall increase in sense of happiness