Sweat & soul, wisdom & compassion, artistry & inquiry weave together in the experiences Jill creates. This kind of tapestry is born from her love of movement and the postures, her love of music and imagery, and her genuine interest in people. Deep explorations into the practices of yoga, including study in India, continue to evolve and enrich how she shows up to share the practice. This is not to overlook all that has been gleaned by walking through life with its highs and lows.
Jill recognizes the value of being flexible, feeling fortified, cultivating balance and seeking alignment through asana practice. And, even more importantly, she appreciates how crucial these principles are to our lives. She is inspired by the human spirit — our resiliency and strength. This inspiration keeps her engaged, learning and continuously integrating. Jill loves sharing directly from her life experience in an honest, grounded way.
In her personal life, Jill loves to travel, near and far. When home, she can be found spending time with her family, friends, and most often her husband, Michael, and their two pups, Addie and Dug.
Jill is registered with the Yoga Alliance (YA) at the 500-hour level. She has committed over 17 years to sharing her passion in local studios, via workshops, retreats, festivals, in teacher trainings and through group + individual mentorship. More about her ongoing studies below…thank you for visiting this site.
“If the whole universe can be found in our own body and mind, this is where we need to make our inquires. We all have the answers within ourselves, we just have not got in touch with them yet. The potential of finding the truth within requires faith in ourselves.” ―
- Five Elements, Yoga + Ayurveda , Dr. Sujatha Kekada + Janet Stone
- Applied Anatomy for Yogis, Jenni Rawlings
- The Science of Stretching, Jules Mitchell
- Martha Beck Institute, Wayfinder Coach Training
- New Ventures West, Foundations of Coaching
- Positive Intelligence Coach Training, Shirzad Chamine
- The Wisdom of Yoga, Applied Yoga Philosophy Immersion, Nicolai Bachman
- Ayurveda and Nutrition, Nicolai Bachman
- A Year of Ayurveda, Matthew Remski
- 7-day Silent Meditation Immersion + Study, Open Gate Sangha, Adyashanti
- Foundations of Tantrik Yoga / Embodied Yoga, Hareesh Wallis
- Deconstruct to Reconstruct, Alexandria Crow
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Training, Saki F. Santorelli & Florence Meleo-Meyer/Founder Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras + Philosophy, Judith Hanson Lasater
- Energy Therapy, Reiki Level 1 & 2 Attunements
- Beyond Yoga Alignment + The Role of Anatomy & Biomechanics in Yoga, Jules Mitchell
- Sequencing Asana, Jason Crandell
- Yin Yoga / Paul + Suzee Grilley Method, Paul Terrell
- Meditation & 20 Tantrik Yamas & Niyamas, Cristina Star Ryan + Hareesh Wallis
- India Teaching Immersion, Janet Stone, Hareesh Wallis, Shiva Kumar
- Anatomy Immersion, Ray Long
- Anatomy Immersion, Ana Forrest + Ellen Heed
- Oregon School of Massage: 600 hours
- CorePower Yoga 200-Hour